You may remember my mushroom tagliatelle recipe from November 2015. Whilst I still use this recipe, it involves using gluten free flour to make a roux and can be quite lumpy if not stirred for long enough. This version utilises the same flavours and a similar method but without the gluten free flour! This version will be slightly higher in fat content (because of the addition of cream), so if that is something you are concerned about, try the mushroom tagliatelle recipe linked above.
This recipe is also going to be the first to feature in my new Youtube videos. You can watch it here (becomes available on Wednesday 1st Feb 2017).
1 portobello mushroom
4 chestnut mushrooms
1 sprig of fresh thyme
1/2 pot of extra thick cream OR creme fraiche for a slightly lower fat version per person
100g of dried gluten free spaghetti per person
- Chop the mushrooms and add to a pan with olive oil. Add the thyme and dried herbs and cook on a low heat until the mushrooms start to brown.
- Turn off the heat for a few minutes to allow the oil to cool and then add boiling water until the mushrooms start to float.
- Return to the heat and simmer until the water takes the colour of the mushrooms and cooks down slightly.
- Whilst the mushroom broth is cooking down, place a large pan of water to boil and add the spaghetti.
- Once the mushroom broth is cooked down, remove the thyme sprig and add the cream. Turn off the heat and add grated nutmeg, salt and black pepper to taste.
- Once the spaghetti is cooked, drain it and add it straight to the sauce. Heat through and then served immediately.
Recipes every Monday, blog posts every Friday! See my previous recipe here.
Youtube: The Gluten Free Veggie – https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-b7T1VFTZqYq15aPvdlNwA
E-mail your questions or suggestions to: email@example.com