This is my favourite nut roast. You may remember last year’s version (see recipe here). Since then I have perfected it to my tastes, but it also means you have two options if you don’t like spinach etc. To make this vegan, simply omit the cheese. All other ingredients are vegan.
Mushrooms are my favourite vegetable (as you may have noticed!). All of the herbs in this recipe work to compliment the mushrooms and I think the yeast extract really adds to the earthy taste.
150g of cashews
50g of grated cheddar
50g of gluten free breadcrumbs (BFree is vegan, for your information)
3 teaspoons of cashew nut butter (vital to the recipe!)
1/2 teaspoon of yeast extract (Marmite is not gluten free but supermarket own brands often are – please read the ingredients!)
1 whole clove
1 bay leaf
- Blitz the cashews and the gluten free bread in a food processor.
- Dice the mushrooms and add into a pan with oil. Cook on a low heat.
- Add the bay leaf, clove and other herbs.
- After 1o minutes, remove the bay leaf and clove.
- Add the cashew/breadcrumb mix to the pan and stir in the stock until the mixture starts to combine.
- Add the yeast extract, cheese and cashew nut butter and stir until the mixture is fully combined.
- Add the mixture into a baking dish and cook for 20-30 minutes.
Recipes every Monday, blog posts every Friday! See my previous recipe here.
Youtube: The Gluten Free Veggie – https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-b7T1VFTZqYq15aPvdlNwA
E-mail your questions or suggestions to: firstname.lastname@example.org