This is a really easy dinner to make and far more delicious than the pre-made frozen versions (which often use a wheat flour coating anyway!).
This is a vegan and gluten free recipe using fresh homegrown herbs. If you don’t want to par-boil the wedges beforehand, just increase the oven cooking time by 15-20 minutes!
1 large white potato, sliced into wedges of even size
1 handful of fresh thyme
1 handful of fresh rosemary
30g of vegan mayo
1 teaspoon of lemon juice
Smoked paprika to taste
Salt and pepper to taste
- Add the sliced potatoes to a steamer or pan of boiling water and cook for 5-10 minutes.
- Add the potatoes into an ovenproof dish with the oil and fresh herbs.
- Bake in the oven for 30-40 minutes on Gas Mark 7. For best results, cover with foil for the first 10 minutes.
- Remove each wedges from the oil and place onto a plate with paper towels on it to soak up the excess oil.
- In a bowl, mix the vegan mayo, paprika, lemon juice and salt and pepper. Add to a ramekin or dish (I used an egg cup!)
Recipes every Monday, blog posts every Friday! See the previous Monday’s recipe here.
Youtube: The Gluten Free Veggie – https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-b7T1VFTZqYq15aPvdlNwA
E-mail your questions or suggestions to: firstname.lastname@example.org